Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Table Seating Plan Frames

A short story a day

Date: Wed, February 23, 2011 11:23:21 +0100
From: info@algarcia.es
To: xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Subject: Hi Rosa Maria

Hello, how are you? I

Alberto García, editorial illustrator. I live in Spain and the reason for contacting you is to satisfy a curiosity, not about anything important or alarming. I am an extremely curious that a lot of attention to detail sometimes insignificant life.

not even know if you are the person that I want to talk, but anyway. I tell him without delay.

few weeks ago in a store selling second-hand, I found a very old encyclopedia, like the early 70's. It is a children's encyclopedia for volumes that caught my attention for the quality and charm of her illustrations (my office, so I gave some importance). Since it was very cheap price for being old and I bought a take home, hojeandola, I found, sorted by topic, appearing and illustrations by children, as fascinating and creative as a child can only be.

One of them particularly caught my attention. Under the heading: "I draw: What you see from my house" appeared a beautiful illustration of a house, strange, geometric, held as a window in blue and green. As a professional illustrator myself, I was haunted by the fact that a young girl could make a fascinating figure, as elaborate and creative, so original and yet so disturbing. An illustration that even I have been able to accomplish.

This illustration is signed by: Rosa M ª Len. Colegio Santa Ursula. Lima.

Then the resources of my innate curiosity pusieron a trabajar. Me dió por pensar qué habría sido de una criatura con tanto talento. Pensé que tal ve se hubiera dedicado a lo mismo que yo, a dibujar, y quise conocer qué habría sido de la autora. Así que corrí a Google, tecleé su nombre y apellidos restringiendo la búsqueda a Perú y sólo pude encontrar a alguien con este apellido en ese país que tuviera presencia en internet de alguna manera.

Es por eso que me animé a escribirla, para confirmar si realmente era usted la autora de ese dibujo que me tiene tan fascinado, y preguntarle si acaso tenga aún el dibujo como afición ya que, si la obra es original, debe usted de tener bastante talento para esto. Tengo entendido que se devoted to architecture, is also a creative expression and is closely related to the art world. And with this house so mysterious is why all this research.

Forgive me if I stole some of your time, but my curiosity I could. As I always say I attend to the requests of my curiosity, because curiosity is the mother of all knowledge and learn. It is very gratifying to know how you can now keep track of someone you do not know anything at all but you join one of the simple but wonderful coincidences of life.

A warm embrace from Spain. _____________________________________



Dear Alberto, I
thank you for so much praise. What you liked it so much that work and that you were able to communicate with me. It is true that now the world is like right around the corner.
'll tell you that being in school, I was 12 years old, the mother who taught us drawing course, we selected me and another student of the same section to participate in a contest that gave me more detail. The following year I got the surprise at the whole school that had won that contest and the representative of the Editorial Marín handed me a diploma that said the work would be published in the Encyclopedia of the Children's publisher. After a vendor was to offer to my parents the encyclopedia but pity not bought and the original work remained in Spain. If you can take a picture or scan thank you very much.
As I have recently moved into an apartment in the basement I have a diploma packed but now with this news I will dedicate myself to hang in a suitable place and all thanks to his tenacity in the search, as you say. I have not noticed why I go out via the Internet but we belong to an Association of Landscape Architecture already has a presence in this area (recently attended a congress of PARJAP-Assoc. English-parks and gardens in Lima)
I am now an architect, a career that I liked and although I do not do drawing as you if I think I'll take some classes when I have more time.
Well, again thanking all described in the mail I send you a cordial greeting. Rosa María Len

Froletz

_________________________________

The picture in question:

0 comments:

Post a Comment